Dell's groundbreaking 8k monitor the last time i checked out one of these, was on a crowded show floor and to say that that one was a little pre-production, would be an understatement.
But, Dell has been hard at work for months on their aptly named UP321 8K and the finished product is now in our hands for evaluation as a content creation device, a content consumption device, and last but not least, we uh might fire up some games on it Synergy is the software that lets you share your mouse and keyboard between multiple computers.
Check it out now at the link in the video desciption. Wait for it *waauughh, waugh, wau* *more inaudible noises* PWAaatch goh- I'm going too early Here we go, it's alive 8k resolution at 60 Hertz http://dernysportuk.com/rebuilding-the-50-gaming-pc/.
Everything about the ultra-sharp UP321 is either state of the art like the aluminium built quality, hyper thin infinity edge key embezzles and glass front OR it makes state of the art look like an antique. The specs of this thing are absolutely unreal. It comes tuned out of the box with an individual calibration report that promises Delta E values of less than 2 and full yes, one-hundred percent coverage of the Adobe RGB colorspace. It's got 400 nit-peak brightness, which is rock solid for a non-HDR panel, though a little more on that later. And a static contrast ratio of thirteen-hundred to one; which is outstanding for an IPS panel type.
But that ignores the most obvious calling card of this utterly unique product.The 8K resolution 10 bit, 60 Hertz panel. I mean, this is so far out ahead of the curve, that we don't even have a display interface that can handle it yet. Like, early 4K displays with display port 1.1 input it needs 2 connections to the computer to run at its maximum 60 Hertz refresh rate, but there's a big difference; these are display port 1.4 ports. Well hold on a minute Linus, DP1.2 can handle 4K 60 Hertz no problem, and 1.4 has about double that bandwidth. Why do we need 2 of those? Aaahahhh hahah; because 8K is more than twice as many pixels as 5K 4 times as many as 4K, and a whopping 16 times the pixel count of 10 ADP.
We're talking thirty-three megapixels, 60 times per second. And until video card makers implement DSC or Display Stream Compression, the only way to push this many pixels is gonna be to add more cords. I have some good news too, though. Dell has a lot of experience building high-end displays and it really shows, unlike early dual-input 4K monitors there's no flakiness, where half of the display looks a little different from the other half, or where one side will refuse to turn on sometimes. In fact, you can even just yank out one of the cables and the only effect that you'll see is that the entire display will now be running at 30 Hertz instead of 60; and from what I've seen plugging it back in is an equally seamless transition.
And all of this experience carries over to the physical design as well. In spite of the panel's weight, heat, and power consumption characteristics they managed an internal power supply with passive cooling and all the creature comforts that creatives are used to.
- Yep. - And we saw a wildebeest last night just staring at us. - It's wild. - It's wild. It's truly wild. - This is probably the brightest color I've worn since I've been here, and I saved it for safari day so I can have a little pop of color for papa lion navigate to this website.
- So tell us a little bit, Angela, about this art that we see on the walls. Like, how long ago were these made? - We do not have a definite date for how long the art was made. We use relative dating to say that these finds were found with this art, so they must have been contemporaneous. Some of this art is quite enigmatic, as you can see.
Those ones look like aliens, actually. - They do. - And one of the guys is excited. - Yeah, he definitely has a little peen. - There was no writing then, but they make a very good record of what was going on around them. In terms of their cognitive ability, they were pretty much like us.
- Yas, graceful bitches. - This is so cool. - This is ridiculous. - He's just chinchillin'.
- Oh, Kristin, you did not. - They're like hamburgers, but furry. - Hyena! - Is this the first hyena we've seen? - Yes.
- He started walking towards our car. When someone said that we were going on a safari, I had no idea we were getting out of the car. - I also didn't know we were getting out of the car.
That's why I'm wearing a dress. - Look at, holding her baby. Good job, mama. - There's the food right there. And there's this monkey trying to be nonchalant. - Casual.
- He be all casual monkey. - Oh my god! Whoa. Whoa. - So we had to eat in the car because the little monkeys keep trying to steal our food.
And they just jumped on the hood. - Yeah, they actually grabbed Sam's food. - And before I knew if, there was a monkey right here trying to get into my bags, and I screamed.
- I've always been afraid of monkeys, and this is why. - This monkey's just, you know - He's so rude. - Beating his meat. - (laughs) - What is he doing? - I think we know what he's doing.
- They're smart. - Yeah, and way smart. - They know how to send distractions so that they can get our food.
- I couldn't decide if this is my most favorite animal or my least favorite animal. And I can definitively tell you it is my least favorite animal. - So that sign says "do not feed monkeys." And now we know why. - I feel like we're getting surround sound of crickets right now. - Yeah.
This is crickets in 4K. - I am glad I peed before we got here, though, because that rushing water would have knocked my lunch right out. - It's really cool to see all this untouched space. And when you think about back in the states, there are really beautiful areas, but I think sometimes, we can't help to expect that they won't be there for long, just because of all the development. - So we begin about 40,000 years ago, where we have the oldest ostrich egg shell beads that have been found in Kenya so far.
- Is an ostrich egg shell, like, pretty fragile? - It is, yes. So that tells you about the people who were making those shells, their cognitive abilities, and the fact that they knew how to deal with this material to prevent it from breaking up.
And when we got here, we were all super tired and smelly, but just, like, in awe. - Yeah, we're in awe of both this beautiful place and how incredibly bad we smell. - We're going to go meet up with Sam and check in with her, and talk a little bit about these past few days and about what we're doing in this wonderful, beautiful, amazing place. - Hi, Sam. - Hey.
- So we talked to Dr. Mbua about Mitochondrial Eve. Can you maybe give us a little bit more information about what that means? - Definitely. We're looking at maternal haplogroups, and we can trace it all back in time to one woman.
So that one woman is mitochondrial Eve. But then there's a couple caveats to that. When we use the term Mitochondrial Eve, it's sort of an easy way to help people understand that this was a real woman, a real human being who gave rise, in a sense, to everyone who's around today. And what's, I think, the most important point here is that she was absolutely not the only woman alive at that time.
And she was also not the only woman to pass on genetic information, or genes, or DNA, to future generations. - So to clarify, Mitochondrial Eve was not the only woman that existed around the time that she existed? - Exactly, you got it. - Hers was just the only ones that could be traced? - Yes.
- So I like to fall down Wikipedia holes. And one thing I love to research is actually the oldest buildings in existence. - You do, you sure do.
- There are many, many buildings that are very old. So it's kind of like we know that there is an oldest building in existence. But that doesn't mean that that's the only building that existed at the time. - Sure.
- It's just the one that we can trace for sure is the oldest one right now. - Because we can still physically see it and identify it, sure. - There might be another building that's crazy old that's, like, under the sea or something that we don't know about yet. - Atlantis.
- Yeah. (laughs) - Why is it that mitochondrial DNA is only passed down through the parent that gives birth? - That's a great question. - Like, why is Eve the only one that gets to, like, shoot that stuff down?
- Eggs actually have a huge, huge number of mitochondria in them. Something like 100,000. Sperm actually might only have on the order of, like, 50 to 100.
So that's one possibility. - SO it's like buying a lot of lottery tickets. - Exactly. - Like, the egg bought a bunch of lottery tickets, and the sperm bought, like two.
- Yeah. Another possibility, though, that is enticing, but we haven't really proven it yet, is the eggs themselves might be destroying the mitochondria that come from the sperm. - A murder mystery. - Ooh.
- So tomorrow's going to be a big day for us. We're going to go on a safari, and then we're going to go to the lava caves. And we're going to kind of, like, dive into and try to figure out why we should care about this stuff now.
- We'll go find out. - Let's do it. - And today, we're going on a safari. - It's really early in the morning. You have to get up at the crack of dawn to see all the ani-mules. - Devin just saw zebras this morning outside of our tent.
- I might buy a teapot. - I left a lot of room in my suitcase for all of the various things that I will take home with me. - Yes, you'll be dope. - Yep. - Woo! - Well, we're here.
- It's very different, and there's a lot of options. So I'm just trying to figure out what I absolutely need and want, as opposed to, like, buying every awesome thing that I see. - That's a good strategy. - Yeah. - I'm looking for, like postcards, and maybe, like, a hat. Also, maybe, like, a cool little keychain or something.
- So Ivy and I stuck together through this whole adventure. She's the best barterer. - Thanks. I see deals everywhere. - I would be like, Ivy, is this a good price? She's like, I can haggle for days.
What price do you want? - (laughs) - Cathy got me these cool braid jewels. We're matching twins! - Twins!
- I'm just shopping around, and whatever I don't want, I'll just put back. - So cute. - So cute. So now I have three. And I have a bangle as well. And a scarf for my mom.
Mom, I bought you something, so don't complain. Thank you. You have been very helpful. - Yeah? I'm just happy you got something. You got what you wanted.
- Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah, I did. - Cathy and I also got matching bracelets. - Shopaholics!
- Love it. - I got a little bird. I also got a little bit of salad spoons for my roommate.
- I got so many spoils. - So much stuff. - We got some nice stuff. - Ivy got us these beautiful keychains with our names on them. - With our names on them!
- I got a bunch of these bracelets. This is my favorite item, guys. - Yes, it's so nice. - And I got one just like hers.
- Tank tops need them. - This is the SS Paradise. This is your captain speaking. We're on our way to Tsavo.
So buckle in, everyone. It's going to be a bumpy ride. (laughs) - She just wants Kristin. - So glappy.
Glappy. - We bought hats! - We bought hats, because we didn't realize we didn't have hats.
So we fixed that problem. - And bought hats. - And we bought hats.
What? - Wow. - So we are at Tsavo Safari Park. I just want to introduce you guys to my new friend, vacation Kristin.
- What up, friend? - Kristin is wearing her big sunglasses. - I am.
My big sunglasses, and I'm also wearing shorts, because it is very warm and I am enjoying the scenery. - Yeah. I mean, this is a view from our porch.
- Like, take every girl scout camp you went to that you thought was, like, kind of fun. And then make it 100 times more fun, and then add animals. - The ride here was probably about 5 and 1/2-ish hours.
As you begin to add these weapons to your arsenal, you'll find you that your game will get better and better because now you're achieving what's called partnership cohesion, partnership understanding and this is a very important principle to work with. For example, we touched on this way back in the beginning of novice section. Your partner leads the ace of the suit, or think king, and you play high. To show if you only have two of the suit, anytime you play a high card and then a low card.
By the way, if the low card is from the queen. Say you've got the queen and a three, don't waste the queen on a discard. I mean that's a very important card you might want to hold out on that unless you desire to get a trump, or a ruff Oncasinogames Canada.
Ruff means the same as trumping and if you're cutting this suit it's called a diamond in the ruff. A high diamond followed by a low diamond, or a high card followed by a low card of a non trump suit. That's clubs, hearts, or spades, often called off suits or plain suits. Tells you, tells your partner, return the suit I am trumping the third round, okay?
If you play low and then high. For example if you had only three diamonds and you had the four, six, seven and your partner leads the king from say ace, king or king, queen, jack or what have you. You play the four first, and then the six first, you're telling him, don't lead diamonds.
We're not going anywhere in diamonds. Okay, so low high means three or more. High low shows two. Now, a trump echo, works a little bit differently in trump. You want to give your partner count on trump. So what you do is that if you have three trump.
I happen to have jack, five, four here but it could be queen, three, two or what have you. What you do is that the first time say the ace of spades is played early. You play the five first, and then the four, that doesn't show a doubleton, that shows a third trump. So keep in mind that if you have three or more trump you play in the middle spot, you don't waste good cards like the jack because jacks are very valuable trump. You play the five first and then the four. Normally in an off suit, that would show only two, but when you're playing that with trump, it shows three.
Now, the jacks a nice trump but even if you have something as cheesy as this. Same thing, partner or somebody plays the ace, you play the five then you play the four right? On the other hand if you play only the four and then the five, you're telling your partner that you only have two. That's all, it's called a trump echo, or some of the bridge players call it a trump peter.
The concept of fashion is one that has been around for many centuries. The change in the style of our appearance, and most particularly our clothing is something that has been happening cyclically for hundreds of year.
Fashion is something that we generally consider to be of interest more to women than to men. Although a man may be interested in dressing in the latest style, this is often where his interest in the subject ends. For many women, on the other hand, fashion is a subject of continual interest. Studying what people are wearing and what new items come on the market is a hobby for many women.
The way fashion is propagated to the masses is normally through the media as well by what is seen in clothing stores and what is worn by people on the street as well as celebrities. People are aware of what is going on in the fashion world not only through fashion shows or publications, but just by what is available for purchase. Even someone with very little „fashion sense” will find it hard to be too far behind the times if they do any shopping for clothing, as they will be surrounded by the latest styles in every store.
Advertising is an extremely important part of the fashion industry. What is pictured in magazines and on posters can have a huge influence on what people will buy. Fashion magazines play a major role in spreading the word and getting people used to the look of a new style.
Fashion graphic design is the main contributor to these types of advertising. Along with modelling, fashion graphic design is what creates the very images that influence the people who will be buying and wearing the clothing. This type of graphic designer will create a picture using a combination of photographs, words and symbols that appeals to the targeted market.
These images are printed on posters to be hung in stores, fliers to be distributed, in magazines and even on the packaging of some clothing items. Televisions commercials are created using motion design to provide a more realistic vision of the clothing. These kinds of advertisements must be well thought out and constructed to be attractive to the kinds of people who will buy the product. Modern phrases and funny pictures, dialogue or text can be utilized to bring about a certain feeling in the advertisement. Often a brand will have a catchphrase that is based on a play on words which make the brand more memorable and recognizable.
In fashion graphic design plays an important part in changing society's view of what is good looking as far as the style of clothing goes. It is a powerful tool to influence the market.
The equatorial yet tropical regions of Central America are home to some of the most amazing water masses around the globe. Lake Atitlan in Guatemala is one in a million among all interior water bodies, due to a number of reasons that spice up its appeal for the traveler. These include: a deep-set marine ecosystem that sandwiches itself between a trio of dormant volcanoes, which sources believe formed eighty four thousand years ago. This is pretty recent in archaeological terms and it adds even more appeal to the region. This is not all there is, however, for below are more uniquely delightful attractions that one will find upon making shore here.
How to Get There
One may require proper authorization to enter the exotic villages nearby. Thus, a tourist ought to use authoritative documents.
One way is first to travel to the United States using ESTA which does the following:
Provides the traveler with online Visa to tour the US. From here, it is possible to make a detour to Guatemala.
What to Explore First: The Illusive Depth
It is only by hear say, rather than scientific evidence, that locals try to fathom the depth of Lake Atitlan.
Science has it that it is 340m deep but this is inconclusive. This is where its exploration appeal mainly lies for visitors with a deep interest in water bodies that even defy the magic of contemporary, advanced measurements.
The lake is crystal clear, with its greenish appearance. This is an inescapable attraction to many visitors and the memory of which remains stamped on the mind long after the sightseeing visit.
What to See Next: Surrounding Habitats
The first stopovers are just on the outskirts of the lake.
San Pedro La Laguna. It sounds like a lagoon, alright, which makes it even more meaningful to the curious visitor. Here one can mingle with mirthful locals and, perchance, get a few words of Espanola or even wet the taste buds with the exotic cuisine of the place.
Another spot is the lush agronomic area surrounding Lake Atitlan, which makes for a worthwhile show of evergreen cultivated fields. It actually reminds one of the Maya civilization when corn was like a god.
End the Tour with a Tour of Hamlets
Even a traveler using ESTA authorization in cosmopolitan United States would not resist the charm of going back to village life away from concrete jungles of the US, exciting as they may be. This is why, after feeding one’s eye in the latter country, one can hire a flight to Guatemala to see the hamlets surrounding the fabled lake.
Panajachel. This hamlet, in fact, is worth exploring for its nearness to the capital of the country or neighboring Antigua. Traditional crafts are available to buy here.
Thus, if you are eager to taste the exotic food of the heart of Central America or just want to fire the imagination with a serene lake in the middle of peaks, then exploring the delightful attractions of Lake Atitlan is worth the trouble.
Read more about famous travel destinations:
If you’d like some time to yourself or desire a brief holiday within the UK, Henley is a great spot for you. Whether it’s a company break, an intimate escape or even a family vacation, you could have all of it at Henley. Even though you do not have a lot of time in your hands, you can definitely go to Henley and spend the weekend in luxury.
There are numerous hotels in Henley that provide great amounts of luxury and empower you to really appreciate your vacations to the most. Among the most famous resorts could be the Hotel du Vin. The resort has a reputation to be interchangeable with the amount of hospitality and style that it provides. The lodging facilities are exquisite and the feeling is quite relaxing.
Hotel du Vin is found in the center of the historical town centre. The brewery buildings are actually amazing. The resort offers delicious European cuisine.
The Baskerville is just another award winning lodging facility. The resort also offers a garden that’s among the main attractions of the destination. Additionally, there are spaces in the outside where you are able to perform barbeque in summers Hotel du Vin.
There are many that are one of the very best rated, if you’re seeking a B&B in Henley and they offer exceptional facilities and services. Among those could be the Cherry Tree. It has a lovely place within the Chilterns and the B&B provides an ideal fusion of classic in addition to modern.
The wisteria clad Red Lion Hotel is just another great hotel. It’s a historical building and is situated on River Thames. The resort has quite good facilities and you will find lodging facilities accessible for everyone, offering a broad variety of rates for lodging and services. Yet another place that’s been refurbished and converted into a wonderful and fashionable resort could be the White Hart, which really is really a fourteenth century inn.
It gives great lodging facilities throughout the year and will be offering good rates too. The Badgemore Park Golf Club is just another really good lodging facility, which offers various luxuries thinking about the city of Henley. The place is quite amazing in addition to peaceful. Here you may come and have a relaxing and refreshing vacation and be far from your own workload.
Badgemore Park Driver offers lodging within a location, that will be secluded, and consequently peaceful. The lovely garden is visible in the rooms. The requirements related to wifi in addition to office needs are accessible if needed. This makes this area ideal for business people who will also enjoy playing golf. If it’s been some time because you went on a holiday, now you can visit Henley and have a brief holiday so you can rejuvenate and back again to your own routine spirits after having a refreshing break.
Hong Kong is perhaps one of the most beautiful tourist destinations across Asia. It is due to unique culture, festivals, amalgamation of different people from across the globe and many places which are worth visiting and have a history of their own. Anyone who wishes to have complete enjoyment with his family or even alone during his leisure time may visit Hong Kong. There are many places to visit, many fun-activities to get indulged in and many festivals to enjoy in Hong Kong. Read more about famous places of this beatiful travel destination on Eleventy Traveler Blog. All these make your Hong Kong trip an interesting one.
Have a look at some of these.
Trip to Disneyland- Visiting Hong Kong automatically draws you towards Disneyland. Although it is especially meant for kids but even adults may also enjoy the company of children while visiting Hong Kong Disneyland. It is a theme park of the city which is worth visiting. You will spend considerable time without even knowing how time flies by you at this wonderful place. It is really an enjoyable and interesting place.
Visit the leading laser and light show in Hong Kong- This beautiful city of Asia boasts of having the leading laser and light show of the world. It is known by the name ‘Symphony of Lights’. A real visit to this show adds an element of joy and thrill to your trip. It is the best way to see the city skyline. Also you can enjoy some good drinks during the show.
Enjoy your time with Pink Dolphins- Pink Dolphins available in Hong Kong are known all over the world. It is a great wildlife sight found in Hong Kong the memories of which can be cherished for so many days. These natural and beautiful sea mammals entertain the visitors in their own way. You may also make your trip to Hong Kong an interesting one by having a look at these beautiful creatures of nature. See the dolphins dancing, jumping and diving into the sea and have fun.
Enjoy your time on the beautiful beaches of Hong Kong- Hong Kong also boasts of having the best beaches all across the globe. Many visitors in Hong Kong spend most of their time on the beaches of Hong Kong. Some of the renowned beaches of Hong Kong are Stanley Beach, Lo So Shing Beach, Deepwater Bay Beach, Silvermine Bay Beach, Shek O Beach, and Sai Kung Beach. You may enjoy sunbath at these beaches or enjoy the scenic beauty of them.
Useful article on this topic: